Thursday, September 2, 2010

What a Lovely Morning...

To wake up to the sound of a weed wacker beneath your window. *cringe* No amount of pillow over head and rolling over makes that sound go away.
So up I be, having slept in! Yes! One of the few good things about your job contract ending is sleeping in, bad thing is finding a new job. But that doesn't mean I'm not still hiding out down in the Rat Cages. Because really, as Deez put it, I can try to run but they'll just drag me right back and tie me up in the basement and never let me leave. Ever.
Yes, I love you all too.
So yes, my job is done *sniffle* and I'm stuck finding a new one. How dismal. But I'm staying because really how could I not? It's a good place to work, with ridiculously awesome (if not insane) people. I feel I fit in. My craziness is about par. For example, story time. I'm sitting downstairs between the two cellar dweller students Tooky and Heleness when a normal conversation comes up.
Heleness: You guys I wrote cuffles.
Me: Uhm.. what? What are cuffles?
Heleness: It was supposed to be cuffs.. It came out cuffles.
Me: Uh.. are you feeling okay?
Tooky: No, that's just her.
Heleness: *meow*

Normal is so relative.. So I'm off to go play with old, loveable, musty things. Who knows maybe I'll never get a new job. Doubt I could find one to live up to this one. ^.^



"Now I'm finally where I belong
I've been searching for a place of my own.
Now I've found it.
This is Home."
-Switchfoot 'This is Home'

No comments:

Post a Comment