Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy Canada/Dominion Day!

Happy Canada to all fellow Canadians out there! Hopefully you  also spent the day eating outrageous amounts of junk food and watch explosive fireworks. It makes for a good day ^_^
Granted I know this is a belated Happy Canada day, being the day after, but really.
I don't know about anyone else, but I started celebrating my country's freedom by sleeping in. Glorious! Nothing says I love you Canada than having the freedom to sleep in. Yay! Although, I then had to get out of bed. It may have been worth it with how of a day it was, probably. Though the whole running around crazy trying to get places on time with other people was nothing short of frantic. Well, maybe just for me. My sister and my friend Ry just sat there watching hilarious videos.
One of which, must be shown, seriously:
http://www.theonion.com/video/restoration-of-star-spangled-banner-uncovers-horri,17691/
I want to know how many people watched this and then went "Wow, really!?" and are now singing the 'Lost Verses' I wouldn't even doubt it.
However, much Waterton fun was abound afterwards once we actually got everyone crammed into the car, help me I can't feel my legs! and I sat in the middle on the way there. Between a rock and small place. Red Rock was closed though, pure sadness really. But Waterton has the most awesome place right now, Waterton Weiners! They have big weiners and little weiners and special sauce for weiners. And I've said weiners way too many times. But seriously, delicious extra awesome yummy! As my sister said "my tastebuds are rejoicing!" A discussion of waffles was also had, but nothing came from that. Little disheartening. Also also, random lean to found on the beach. Were there some explorers passing through? Possibly lost campers trying to salvage their supplies and keep warm in the freezing rain! fifty feet from a hotel But we made good fun of it, it went to loving use. And of course the lovely beef on a bun tradition was upheld, in my backyard. Deliciousness.
Oh yes, and fireworks. Who could forget fireworks!
Although I gotta say, all the drunk people trying to sing Oh Canada! Really, patriotic. The drunk and the unbalanced bravely sing on through the night, and everyone siddles away from their drunk staggering, and abash singing. Lovely. Fireworks were cool though. Kinda got boring in the middle, but that's what you should expect from the City of Lethbridge budget. The whole time through it though I was seriously sitting there waiting for my giant BOOM! firework. And I waited and waited diligently! And it was all the way at the end, but it was awesome! I felt my insides rearrange a little. I cheered, oh yes.
And now it's the day after Canada Day.
So.. sleeping in and video games?
Yep, Happy Day After Canada Day to me!

"The price of freedom is a high one, but the gift of your children's liberty is priceless."
-Anon.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you LOVED our wieners! Ha, hope you make it back soon. In the meantime, check out our website: www.wienersofwaterton.com

    ReplyDelete