Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Original Trampoline Club

Happy 4th of July to you America! It's once again that time of year when you blow up half the yard with fireworks, and bbq anything that possibly has even been known as edible.
It's wonderful. Really.
Back in Canada though, Twilight: Eclipse takes precedent over the G20 and G8 summit, as I can't seem to find the latest news on it on Canada's website without having to do all but backflips searching. For good news anyways. All I seem to find is Anarchists and Riots, oh and some poor recruitment office getting a bad case of punk terrorists. Apparently nothing on the Maternal Care incentive for Africa or anything about the International Debt Recovery. It seems the world just wants the drama. Hmph. 
On another, more awesome note, I had my birthday party! Epic? I think so. My sister, the lovely bakerista baked all of the treats. Cake pops and cupcakes were had. Now you may ask yourself, "Andi, what's a cake pop?" Well, let me show you. 

There were also yellow ones at one point, but those apparently went very fast! My sister happened to eat the very last one just a second before the picture! >.< Ah well. Also, cupcakes were involved, both of the lemon and mint chocolate chip type. 

Can you say delicious? I know I can. Her lemon ones are always the biggest hit, they taste lemony, but not too lemony. And you would think the English Major could be more descriptive, but no. That's how good they are, they defy all description! Ahaha.
Anyways.
So it was very delicious and much fun was had, and smores, and parallel parking smores into mouths. And, oh yes, The Original Trampoline Club. Which is secret, so ssshhhh! Needless to say the neighbors probably got the wrong ideas when they kept hearing, "Hey! Come be Tramp #6!" Yes, clarity seems to come after being a fool. But that's okay. 
Now, though this all sounds like something a 16 year old would do at their party, which it so is, I'm actually celebrating me 20-something or other birthday. I'm getting old -_-
This means I have to take finishing my degree seriously, ohhh deary. Also, finding a career. Hmm. Well, we'll get back to that at an undisclosed time. Never. 
In OTHER news!
Tibetans are cooler than you! As evident by lots of acronyms and cool words. Also, lactose intolerance has come to light for me:
"The Tibetan example of human evolution beats the previous record holders in northern Europe, whoevolved lactose tolerance to digest the milk sugar lactose over the course of about 7,500 years." 
     Jeremy Hsu, July 1st, 2010. Livescience.com

This suddenly explains much to me. Well, not really. But it does explain that people who are lactose intolerant can say it's not their fault. It's evolutions fault!
Also, Queen Cleopatra knew how to party but not how to mix her drinks, apparently. Or maybe she did a little too well. Also, I do adore the old Cleopatra movie with Elizabeth Taylor. She was a spunky lady! 
Also, they had movies back in the Prehistoric era. I wonder how much cover charge was? Probably a lot, a whole goat most likely. No one would have wanted to mess with Neanderthal bouncers! 
Lastly, the evolution of the human is a beautiful thing. According to NPR, we're a pretty legit species and they're going to be giving a series called "The Human Edge", which I am looking forward to. Also, they probably say one of my most favorite lines, ever. 
"And no complaints about big hips, please, ladies — without them, you couldn't bear babies with big brains."
I totally nearly died laughing! It is true though, just sayin'. 
Now, it's a sunday. Church is over, and I have food to munch on, in healthy abundance. Left over chocolate cupcakes and cookies. Oh yeah. 


"Congratulations, you're officially made if another year around the sun."
-Anon.








1 comment: