Friday, April 29, 2011

DA II Review Part I

What is this? 
I promised to review Dragon Age 2?
Well.. I guess I should probably live up to that. 
So buckle up and put on your anti-window licking helmets kiddies.
It's time to you to endure me playing through
Bioware's latest money maker. 

(And since my webcam sucks for making movies
We're doing this screenshot style)
Deal with it.

No one cares about you EA, get out of my credits >.>

OMG *grips controller*



By the way, 
There's totally epic music in the background right now.

Okay so, I'm dying during the credits
Because I'm a helpless fan girl
Who got hyped up a stupid amount for this game.
Possibly too much?
You're about to find out....


So we start off our game with a...
Movie-esque opening scene?
Random dwarf man is being dragged in by random men for random reasons....

Classic, ominously poor lighting scene with ominous dude.

Or chick with a super short man-hair-cut, who likes stabbing books...?



Uhm.. okay?
Sure..

So we get this big whole ordeal
With Short-Haired Seeker Chick
And Pimp Dressed Dwarf Man
Seeker chick is all: OMG TELL ME WHERE THE CHAMPION IS! BEFORE I STAB MORE BOOKS!
Dwarf Dude is like.. I need an ale STAT to deal with crazy pants over here
Seeker chick is still freaking out of the "Champion" because 
OMG THEY DID SOMETHING TOTALLY NOT COOL
AND WE MUST FIND THEM
LIKE.... TEN MINUTES AGO
AND YOU KNOW WHERE THEY ARE
Suspiciously Pimp Dressed Dwarf Man. 
Other wise I wouldn't have had you dragged in here
All obvious like.

So pimp dwarf is like
A'ight, you wanna hear the story?
It's pretty awesome,
obviously because I am telling it.
So let me regale you with the epic story
Of THE CHAMPION

Gee... I wonder who my character is...
>.>      <.<

So then I get to pick out my character
AWESOME
They make RPGs this way for people like me
I totally wear dresses in Oblivion because they're *~pretty~*
And take 2 hours making my character
But they have preset characters, so like.. an hour this time.
Anyways, I go with the red head
Because duh thats just awesome. 
And it was the only one that didn't make go
wtf?

So then we get this:
Strike a pose biotches

And I'm going...
WHAAAAAT?!
That is not the character I picked!
What the heck Bioware?!

So I'm having a little hurrumphing flip out while playing through this battle
With a ton of these guys:

Wow you fuglier than the last game...
Nice pale touch though
Oh you like it? Latest make-up fad

That's right, kneel before my awesome trash kicking skills.
So in mine, since I went Rogue (heh) I get to duke it out with Sis Bethany
So there we are, partying it up with the Darkspawns
When who crashes the party?

O HAI YOU GUYS! Am I late for cupcakes?
Why you always gotta be comin in uninvited Ogre?
Seriously, you think you would have learned after DA:O
But apparently not..

No party crashers allowed under threat of LOTS OF GORE!
So you kill Mr. Party Crasher
When MOAR DARKSPAWN show up
And you like OH MAN
Do not have enough cupcakes for everyone
And it's looking like a super bad situation 
And then all of the sudden:

BAM! Wassup MOFO's
There's a Dragon.
Good thing we're getting the Dragon in Dragon Age upfront at the beginning this time...
So anyways, this Dragon is like
Save you all from your lack of party prep!

And then you hear a record screeching stop in the background...

LIAAAR!
And we're back to Crazy Pants and Pimp Dwarf
And Crazy Pants is all:
Nuh uh! That is so not how it happened!
And Pimp Dwarf is like:
Is too!
And then Crazy Pants calls him out:
Bethany's boobs were not that big!

Busted Buster
Okay.. Maybe I made it up a little...

So then we cut, once again to darkspawn running around after you..
This time with my character
Does this armor make me look faaaaat?

Isn't she awesome. 
*cough*
But wait..
Bioware, does this mean you made me run around
Fight darkspawn
And an Ogre
FOR NO REASON?
And I have to do it ALL OVER AGAIN?!
>.>

Haaate.
So your fleeing Lothering (O HAI!) with your fam-jam.
When you totally bump into this role-exchanged couple
I wear the pants in this relationship
I know
So it's you, your fam, and this weird templar couple
Trying to peace out of Lothering
With totes all due haste
Hacking and slashing your way through

Which brings me to Problem With This Game #1:
Isometric Viewing

Why did you do this Bioware?
Are you trying to make me nauseous

I can either view top down like this:
Killing Darkspawn in a single bound

Which changes like a Moody Canadian April,
Every time it comes into contact with something
That could reposition it
Like a mountain, or air...
So I'm stuck with this view
And it's kinda limiting/nauseating

Or I zoom in and get this:
Striking a pose again?
I might as well be wearing horse blinders...
Seriously, cannot see anything.
But don't worry, at the beginning of the game it was really the best
Halfway through you can never see the horizon line
Just the first 5 steps in front of you
I had to take Advil just to not get a headache from playing.

Ugh...

SO ANYWAYS
You're tromping up to your knees in Darkspawn sludge
With your mom whining every five seconds about OMG
DARKSPAWN
We know mom...
What are you wearing??
In Bioware land, even old ladies have giant, supple... shoulders.
So then you run onto this *~eerily~* deja vu-like plateau
CUPCAAAAAKES!

I knew we forgot something!!

And the Darkspawn are like
HAI! Miss us? 
And you're like.. gettin' old guys...
And of course your brothers is like

MUST PROTECT THE WUMINS!
So he charges in head first
Carver.. I sense this is a bad life decision..
And gets a head full of this:
Puny human have Cupcakes?
Which results shortly in this:
Where is this blood even coming from?!
Which brings me to Problems With This Game #2:
NPC AI

As I was playing this game, finacee was watching. 
When Big Bro Carver goes running out into the battle field
He promptly exclaims WHYYY?
That's a good question,
Besides the rail roading
Why does Carver run out nilly whilly to get his butt kicked? 
Probably the same reason why I had to redo all of my NPCs tactics 
Just so they would drink a freaking health potion and take care of themselves
Or why your Mom weeps over her sons body
And does nothing more than that for the rest of the game!
Or why hubby to epic warrior woman wimps out and dies
Because he tried to fight while already injured and swallowed Darkspawn blood
Or why they all seem to follow me around like puppies
Until there's a wall
Then they magnetize to it and get stuck there

In short, NPC AI is permanently set to IDIOT
And it always will be
Anyways, moving right along...

So MOAR DARKSPAWN
Because there's never enough
And your mom is weeping over your brother
and hubby to epic warrior woman is laying there twitching
And you'r like DO I HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING MYSELF
Luckily Sister and Warrior Chick are kinda awesome
Which, by the way, I liked the fact
That a bunch of girls were running the show
*~empowering~*

So then you're outnumbered
And it's like.. wait.. wait.. I've seen this before...

'Sup?
Yup, remember this.
So Dragon dude flies around and roasts some Darkspawn to well-done.
Or at least medium rare.
And then BAM! Transforms!
Ooh. Ahh. 
And I literally jumped in my chair:
I like the hair!
Oh really? You're too sweet, takes two cans of hairspray and some demon magic applique

That's a good question Dragon Lady
Who are you?
And then she's like 'Sup I'm Flemeth, no big
And I'm like OMG WTF?! so awesome...
So Flemeth (who I apparently didn't kill in the first game after all) 
is like, Yo ya'll are going the wrong way if you wanna escape.
And you're like Where the heck else are we supposed to go?
And she makes an allusion to The Warden
And I'm like *squee!*
And then she gets all philosophical
And is like: Is it fate or is it chance?

I'm going to guess probably because 
There was a heavy forecast for Darkspawn
And our butts were getting kicked.

So then she's all like:
Ya okay so I can fly ya'll outta here
If you give this pendant to some random Dalish leader
Out by Kirkwall
Where you're headed
Coinkidink?
Btw warrior chicks hubby totes has the taint


So then you kill hubby and fly off on the back of a dragon leaving your brothers dead body behind
I say the wins balanced out the losses. 
Seriously, that hair. And outfit. Reveal much Flemeth?
So I'm stopping there
Because this post is becoming obscenely long
Like, as obscene as Flemeth's outfit
Red spandex? Really Bioware?

So I'll pick it up when we land in Kirkwall
Because trust me, I am coming up on my 
BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH THIS GAME
Until next time

xoxo

2 comments: