Monday, May 2, 2011

DA II Review Part II

Alright you guys,
So when we left off
Big Bro Carver got himself squished
And Warrior Chick was forced to kill her hubby
Because he took a chug of some darkspawn blood.
And then we rode away on Dragon Flemeth

Pretty much.. Awesomeville.


So then
Blinged out Dwarf Man
Gives this voice over to some creepy cutscene
Like, I mean I felt like I was watching
Some bad version of a po-mo horror movie
With a lot of red and black

Owen calls it Art Deco
I call it a bunch of guys who want to hear this story as much as I do.
So anyways,
Then we see me and my fam-jam
+ or - 1
Floating on this piddly dingy of a boat
I mean how did they sail across the sea/ocean
In that dinky little thing
It's like a bad rip off of a Viking Warrior ship
But whatever

So you sail on up to this lovely sight

I feel like maybe this isn't the most...
hospitable place
At this point,
I personally
Would be going
TURN THIS MOFO AROUND!
DOUBLE TIME!

But no, you sail on into Gloomsville
Popultaion: A lot of douchebages
Because as soon as you land
You notice, like, every other person from Fereldan
Has decided to come to Kirkwall, 
apparently it's the hip place to be.
But they're all just standing around like sheep
Bleating to get in

And of course the guards are like
WTF?! WHERE DID YOU ALL COME FROM!
And all the Fereldans are like
Weellll the Darkspawn are kinda invading our lands
or something
they killed our king
and there's like, only one dude trying to save us
seems like a gong show
it's kinda a downer 
what with our houses being burnt to the ground 
Sooo.. Can we come bunk with you guys?

And of course the Kirkwalliens are like
EFF NO!
Does this look like a Bed & Breakfast?


Because like I said
This is Gloomville
With a major economy in Douchbaggery
Just you wait and see

So the fam-jam is like
Ahhhh craaaaap
Looks like we're screwed
Like everyone else

But oh wait,
Mom is like
HEY! I'm going to come out of my sobbing
For like the only 2 seconds in the game
And talk about something other than Dead Son Carver
Don't you guys remember why we came here?
I've got McRich Moneybags brother here

Mom seriously, the whining,
 and that outfit,
 starting to get ooolllddd
So you're like 
WELP guess we should obscurely run around
Until we find a guard dude
But what is this? 
No fighting for more than 3 minutes?
NOT SO RANDOM ENCOUNTER
With a bunch of needless IDIOTS
Bioware can't let that happen! 
Unless your freaking running
From one end of the map to the other
But even then thats sketchy

So then you're like 
HEY GUARD
I know you already 
Probably have the worst migraine 
From so many people bugging you all day
But we got a rich uncle, 
So be a dear and fetch him will you?

And the guards like
I dunno who you talkin' 'bout
I only know some scumbag with that name

That should be your hint 
That all is SCREWED
Or about to get interesting
I dunno

So anyways, 
lets me lovely Uncle Gamlen
Shall we?

All he needs is a pedo mustache
And he creeper ensemble is set!


His poor taste in clothing
Should have been the first tip
That all was *~not well~*

So he's like
Oh.. hey..Awkward...
And scanty mom is like
Gamlen! So good to see you!
You can get us in right?
Back to the big cushy house
I left all those years ago?
For an apostate mage
(Just a random aside there)

And he kinda shuffles his feet
And reeks of booze
And you're like...
Great.. 
WTF?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE'S NO MONEY!?
So then he's like
Welp, I can get you in
But you have to commit 
To a life of crime
For like...*cough* 
A year

So then mom spazes
And my character is like
Whatevs, it's just a year
She's so *~chill~*

So you get to pick, 
Wanna be a smuggler?
Or a mercenary?

Ahoy hoy mateys,
Pass the eye patch
We being smugglers ^_^

So this brings us
To Problems With This Game #3:
So I pick smugglers
Do one quest for them
To "prove my worth"
I'm willing to do wench quests
You got the job
So then I'm like
Okay.. so we'll play through a little
Might skip around a bit to pass a year

But what happens?
 *~VOICEOVER~*
I'm just a windmill, doin' what windmills do
*random insert*
BIOWARE SKIPS IT ALL!!
WHAT?!
Nothing
Just Pimp Dwarf
TELLING YOU what you did
And even then it's like

Welp, 
you hung out with the smugglers
doin' what smugglers do
And then it's a year later
Yup
Btw, you live in Kirkwall now
With your creeper Uncle

Micheal Scott is unimpressed with your shenanigans 

So we skipped that whole year
I did, like one quest
And it's like
CONGRATS!
You get an Achievement! 
For just picking on of these! 

So what you mean to say is
Bioware, 
You did not feel like writing
Extra plot
So you slapped this in
To give us..
What appeasement?

It's like
Yup, you did that
NEXT!

It feels very disjointed,
And assembly line like
Also,
I feel robbed...

So now we've skipped to a year later.
Oh yays.
But I will save that for a later day
For now,
I'm going to eat a cupcake
Because I'm feeling like an Ogre over this...

xoxo

p.s. Please enjoy this gif, which made me LOL and feel better.
Barrack Obama. Opening a can of whoop @$$



No comments:

Post a Comment