Thursday, January 6, 2011

Wai Hallo Thar

Hey-a! It's me, Im---
Oh wait.. wrong place. 
Howdy and hello I am back from Christmas vacation, still trying to get used to not sleeping in. Nygah. It's not working so well. 
So my Christmas was full of delightfulness and family time and crazy time (never a shortage of that) and snow-mobiling, and all that fun jazz. However, my sister nearly killed me on Christmas Day when she found out I had broken down and bought my brother a beret. Now, I didn't see the problem, my sister was exasperated. I just laughed harder when I saw why she was knitting her eyebrows. 
Name the warlord kids!
So Christmas has come and gone, and now I'm back in CowTown instead of actual cow town. Heh, actually as The Owen and I were driving back into Calgary he turns to me saying:
"Has Calgary always smelt this bad? Oh my..."
When you go from being out in the country to being back in the city, you can even smell the difference. He claims he can taste, thats just weird. Also, the large line of brown haze you can see is disconcerting as well. Point being, I found out why I get headaches now! City air >_> Nrrrr... 
Upside of being back though:
I went to the Darwin & Einstein Exhibit!
~*YAY*~
The Darwin exhibit was okay, The Owen complained is was terribly laid out and had no direction or flow. But I told the assistant curator to can it and watch the iguana with me. It was neat, like I didn't know the HMS Beagle was only about 60 feet long (ity bity living space). The coolest part though, Ian found and hauled us over too. Behold!

Skulls!!
Actually at this point I was going ZOMG! IT'S LUCY!
And then practically fell on the floor *squeeing*
Neeeerrrrrd. 
It made me happy that they didn't leave the little guys out, though they shoved them into a dark corner. Heh. But yes no, I couldn't stop staring. Though The Owen and I got into a debate on whether Neanderthal's head was bigger because its brain was denser or because it was just smarter and had a bigger brain. 
Oh yeah, we're so cool. 
The Einstein exhibit though was *awesome*, but that will take up a whole other blog post. In the mean time, ciao ^_^

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment