Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Happy National Cupcake Day!

No seriously.
NO! SERIOUSLY!
Oh my word. Pure joy has wrought my day.
Who knew that there was a day set aside for the celebration of the wonderful cupcake? Do you think I could pass this off as a religious holiday? Maybe? Possibly? I do show mass amounts of devotion towards these cakes in mini bitable, portable loveliness. I think it's entirely possible. Well since it is National Cupcake Day (or as the Brits call them fairy cakes) I feel like we need Random Trivia.. Oh yes.
-Cupcake were first mentioned in 1796 as part of an American cookbook.
-Also, during the 1800's cupcake meant two different things. Either a mini cake baked in ramekin dishes (muffin tins weren't a hit yet) or a cake that's ingredients were measure in a standard cup volume. I.e. any little cup around the house, usually a tea cup.
     - Side note: I actually already knew about the cup cake measuring cup thing. I used to work at Heritage Park where they bake goods as part of their experiencing How The West Was Once. When we made cake, we always used the tea cups to measure everything instead of measuring cups. Let me tell you, first day baking no one told me. I rummaged through that whole dang house and was so about to use the antique ones until one of the girls came into my exhibit and was like. "Duh, the tea cup". Oh. Should have read the site binder. I'm an idiot.
Anyways! Moving on!
- Cake balls are a deviation of cupcakes. No really?
Apparently they were all the rage back in the day because they were less expensive than pound cakes. Now they're all popular again because of the "nostalgia" (as wiki tells me). Really, I think it's just because they're good. And convenient. I mean, come on, it's a mini cake in your hand! Omnomalicious!
It's kind of funny it's National Cupcake Day though. I should have saved my bragging about my sister for now, because it just so happens...

They are tots her forte!
My hips don't lie people, they are delish.
However. It would be totally bias of me to just post pictures of her cupcakes on here. So, in honor of cupcake day. I give you sinfully blissful pictures that are going to make you want to destroy your diet!
(I'm on the "sea-food" by the way! Hurr hurr I crack myself up)


Oddly enough, from National Geographic. These cupcakes come from the Atlanta Cupcake Factory, it was on their list for Best Cupcake Bakeries!

Cupcake Speakers from Semk
They're cupcake headphones from Semk. Um, hello. Delicious awesomeness delivering tuneskys? I'm sold.

Now would you believe me if I told you this was a cupcake? Because it so is.

Finally, no these aren't my sisters. Actually my cousin made these, she's quite talented at making cakes. These were for her daughters birthday. Fresh strawberries with strawberry meringue icing. So awesome!

May we all go out and make our tastebuds happy today in celebration! My waist line can get over it later. Nygah.

xoxo
杯形餅

1 comment: