Thursday, February 10, 2011

And on the 8th Day God Created

Owen asked me if this is really such a big deal.

To which I reply. If it has to do with Corn Pops then heck, it warrants its own blog post! 
My problem being this. 
Corn Pops are this magical cereal that delights my day. Besides being massively loaded with sugar, they're crunchy. I like crunchy cereal (yes this includes Captain Crunch. But that's my father's addiction)
And you look forward to the glorious moments when you get to eat your crunchy cereal. How it brings such a harmonious and joyful taste to the milk! It makes you happy, like the world is your oyster!
And then all of .02 seconds of sitting in the milk, they get soggy
This is my problem.
Could they somehow develop the wonderfulness of Corn Pop without it getting soggy so damned fast. The speed of light is slower than the speed of Corn Pop soggyness. 
It just ruins my day. 
And I'm aware this is a complaint post.
They happen sometimes. 
For some reason Corn Pops are what I chose to freak out about.
Stressed much?
You bet your bottom dollar.. Ugh.

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Wo boo ji dow!! That means I don't know in mandarin. Lol.

    Wo ai nee. That's I love you in mandarin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You? Are hilarious?

    I, am some random seeming stranger commenting on your personal blog. I say "seeming" because I'm actually your fiancé's cousin's wife. I don't know why, but typing that out made me grin.

    I too am passionate on the subject of corn pop sogginess. I eat mine in a small dessert bowl which I refill multiple times, so as to enjoy maximum crunchiness. Neil mocks, but there are some things that are just worth a little extra effort.

    Anyway, congratulations on the impending nuptials (alas, I'll be in Salt Lake City that weekend for the LDS Storymakers conference), and I hope to meet you during our next trip to Alberta (sometime in the summer, hopefully).

    Cheers,
    Your future cousin-in-law? Wait, that's not right...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness someone who understands my cereal pain! Haha. No worries though, Owen and I will send you an invitation to put on your fridge anyways :)
    Also, cousin in law, sounds totally awesome. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been over a month but I just thought to check back here. Hi!

    And yay for an invitation to display proudly on my fridge, so people visiting our humble abode with know how cool I am, being invited to all the best parties and all. =D

    Hope preparations are going well! Neil and I had a similar timeline for our wedding. Engaged in January, married in May. Hectic, but doable, yes?

    Neil will be there with our three girls, and our whole family is coming out again in August. Looking forward to meeting you! =)

    ReplyDelete