Friday, February 4, 2011

Flamethrowers anyone?

So it's been cold and snowing across the eastern seaboard, and I'm sure there are many people who are truly tired of picking up a shovel *again* after a ridiculously long winter. Actually, I think we all are. I personally could not stand to look at a snow shovel for forever a long, long time. Because really snow is great, and fun, and all snowman's and catching it on your tongue for the first three inches. After that it's basically frozen hell >_<
And you know, this happens every year. Funny how that works. But every year you hear this on the tv:
"And city council is trying to find more money to put into the snow removal budget so that roads with be in better conditions! We'll send out ever plow, man and child to clear that snow!"
And then the next year comes and your driving through five feet of slush with no plow in sight. Until after the damned snow melts.
So you'd think we'd have better plans. We do have a whole year 3 months to plan for this fluffy white stuff. What could possibly be our solution?
http://gizmodo.com/5751902/the-mayor-of-boston-wanted-to-fight-snow-with-flamethrowers-in-1948
Flamethrowers? Flamethrowers.
How have we not thought of this before!
This mayor is a genius, I vote him for mayor! Talk about b.a. ingenuity!
I move for a budget expense to have flamethrowers implemented to dispense of this snowy threat! Because honestly, how awesome would that be. Other countries would dare not mess with us even. After all, we'd be using flamethrowers to get rid of snow, imagine what we'd do to them. Because of one man's idea we could be a country with the imagery of being totally b.a. with no snow.
But alas, we're a country with the image of igloos, dog sleds, people name Doug and Bob and the word 'Eh!' because of snow.. Gah!
We don't get the flamethrowers because we're peace-keepers, that's the reason isn't it? Nrrrrgh...
Also, as I usually post Anthro News. I'm sure some may wonder why there has been no news pertaining to the matters with Egypt's museum.
That's because I'm still crying over it.
For those who don't know..
http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/jonathanjonesblog/2011/feb/03/raiders-egyptian-museum-cairo-egypt
http://news.sciencemag.org/scienceinsider/2011/02/egypt-update-rare-tomb-may-have.html
Crying harder...
http://www.livescience.com/culture/egypt-museum-cairo-110303.html
They better have the bloody army guarding everything. Mob mentality = sheer idiots.. Amongst other words.
Aside from my ranting my week has been pre occupied with picking flowers. For my wedding. Heh. My wedding. So funny to say. However, I finally decided.
 This isn't an exact example of a boquet I want, but it's close. It's what I'm basing my idea off of. Green hydrangea and cream gerbera's. ^_^ They look cuuuuuute. 
Now, off to plan glorious centerpieces and many other things that will probably make my brain melt. Oh and do homework. Right.
Nygah. 

xoxo 

3 comments:

  1. And where does that water all go after it's been melted? Frozen on the street you say? Well, isn't that dangerous, I ask. I believe you would agree.

    Your blog is quite hard on the eyes. I have to strain to read it. It's really weird. Def consider a non-serif font.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It hath been fixed.
    Up to bar? Lol.
    Thank goodness for you smartness dear Helenness

    ReplyDelete